Honor the King with your life. Swear allegiance to Him and to Him only, serve the King in truth, justice, and honor. Offer compassion to the weak, the destitute, the widowed, and the poor. Live for the King serve others without cause for personal gain. Never adandon a fellow Knight in battle or in peril. Equip, train, and prepare for battle against the forces of the Dark Knight. Serve the King and faint not in the day of battle. Use not the sword for personal gain, but rather to execute justice and the will of the King. Be merciful, loyal, courageous, faithful, nobel, but above all, be ye humble before the King and before men. Let your words be always spoken in truth. - The Code Sir Dalton And The Shadow Heart

Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Truth Of The Matter By Andrew Klavan

The Truth Of The Matter By Andrew Klavan
The Truth of the Matter (The Homelanders)Charlie is certain that if he could just regain his memory, the chaos around him would make sense. But the truth of the matter is even more incredible than he could imagine.


Charlie West was an ordinary high school kid who went to bed one night and woke up in the clutches of terrorists and wanted by the police for murder. He also woke up with no memory of the events of the past year.

Now Charlie has found the one person who knows what happened . . . and who can help him remember. But remembering is painful—as well as dangerous—and figuring out what to do with this new knowledge may be Charlie's toughest challenge yet.



Review:
I found the book interesting, and slightly boring at the same time. The story plot was pretty good, though I think it could've been better. It was realitively clean (aside from some very brief romance, and violence)
I think I would have enjoyed this more if I had read the two previous books. I wasn't told in the Boozsneeze website that it was book 3. So I was slightly lost for the first fifty pages or so.
However, I did get the jist of the book by the end. I rejoiced with Charlie as he regained his memory. I can't imagine losing my memory for the past two years! I found the terroist organization interesting, and was happy when they caught the "bad guys" so to speak. Although I'm still undecided as to if Detective R (For plot reasons I won't say his name) is really a friend or not...
Negative content:
My personal preference of book writing may not be the same as everyone else's. Klavan used too many "I's" and repeated the previously stated. Other than that, there was violence (obviously! It has terrorists you know!) But nothing got too graphic.

Romance level: Jane Austen
Rating: 3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment